Date : 29.nov.2016
Time : 11:00AM -12:30 PM
IEEE attendees : 25 members
Non IEEE attendees : 10
Instructor : – Eng. Maysoon khresat
In this session , we asked the attendees to answer two specific questions ,
One , why do you support women’s rights ?
And two , talk about the importance of males support for women .
We have also talked to undergraduate and employed ( biomedical , industrial , mechanical , computer , civil and mechatronics ) female engineers . we asked them to share their experience in working field .
We have contacted 50 engineering companies of all fields , asking about the availables jobs for women comparison with available jobs for men . we have also sent false symmetric resumes of males and females ,to study the rejection of women based on their gender alone .
We made a short film where we had displayed examples of females situations in working field , with a short recorded testimonies of working women in different majors .
The problems we have discussed and displayed are :
- Unequal wages for colleagues in the same position .
- Unequal hiring opportunities .
- The failures in protecting employed women in getting their nursing hours , and maternity leave .
- Lack of investigation in cases of wrongful dismissals .
- Establishing confidence of the female audience in themselves through successful stories of engineers .
The other part of the session we had invited Eng.Mayson Khreisat to talk about her experiment in the work.